xtina: A heart made out of a motherboard. (geek heart)
You can use this GM script to block the TOS nag message. Alternatively, you can just disable JS for LJ.

I have put together a Selenium IDE script to export blog posts from LJ. Details below the cut.

Setup

  • Firefox is required.

  • Install the Firefox add-on Selenium IDE and restart Firefox.

  • Install the Selenium plugin Flow Control and restart Firefox.


Script

The script is located here. To install:

  • Open Firefox.

  • Open Selenium IDE.

  • In the new window, click the Source tab.

  • Delete everything out.

  • On the script page, click "Raw".

  • Copy everything on that page into the Source tab.

  • Click the Table tab.


You'll need to add your username and password so that the script can log in as you. This is NOT stored anywhere on the internet! All local, all the time.

  • At the top of the script, select the line that reads:

    store   your-username   username

  • In the bottom pane, you'll see three fields: Command, Target, and Value. In the Target field, change the text from your-username to your actual username.

  • Follow the same steps for the password line.


Run that thing

To run the script, click the green Play button at the top, or go to Actions > "Play current test case".

What it does:

  1. Logs into LJ on your behalf.

  2. Goes to the calendar page and gets all years that have any posts.

  3. Goes to the export.bml page.

  4. Exports every month, regardless of whether there's content.


Thing to know:

This will export every single month of the years. You'll know the empty months; the file sizes will be ~85K.

I couldn't get it to do anything with comments, more's the pity.

Date: 2017-04-10 17:00 (UTC)From: [personal profile] cellio
cellio: (Default)
That's not it, alas. It first failed at login and I said "huh, I bet I need to not be logged in", so I logged out, ran it, and got the error I reported. I've just tried the new one and it's failing in almost the same place (but different failure now). It logs in successfully, goes to the archive page that lists all the years and shows the latest one, and (now) produces this in the log at "storeText": "[error] Element //div[@id='alpha-inner']/div/ul not found".

Here's some context:

[info] Executing: |open | https://www.livejournal.com/login.bml | |
[info] Executing: |storeTextPresent | You are logged in | alreadyIn |
[info] Executing: |gotoIf | storedVars['alreadyIn'] == true | skipOn |
[info] Executing: |type | xpath=(//input[@id='user'])[2] | ${username} |
[info] Executing: |type | xpath=(//input[@id='lj_loginwidget_password'])[2] | ${password} |
[info] Executing: |clickAndWait | xpath=(//button[@name='action:login'])[2] | |
[info] Executing: |label | skipOn | |
[info] Executing: |open | http://${username}.livejournal.com/calendar | |
[info] Executing: |storeText | //div[@id='alpha-inner']/div/ul | str_years |
[error] Element //div[@id='alpha-inner']/div/ul not found
[info] Test case failed

September 2017

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated 2017-09-19 11:43
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios